Monday, August 31, 2009

Bed jumping, Exersaucers, Dino shorts, and movie watching

After waking up at 3:45 this morning (when Chris had to get up to go to work) I couldn't fall back to sleep. I started thinking about money... you know when you start thinking about something you can't change at 3:45 in the morning, but you worry about it anyway? Yah... that was what I was doing. I started thinking about how I never paid the water bill because I forgot and how I was afraid they were going to come shut our water off and then we would have to pay the $75 fee it takes for them to turn it back on and well... it was just silly (I mean really... are they going to come and turn the water off at 3:45 in the morning? No. I think not!)
So after thinking about it for about an hour and a half I finally fell back asleep only to be awakened very shortly after by Wyatt, who is my early riser... I convinced him it was still night time (thanks to dark curtains), got him a cup of milk, and brought him in bed with me. He fell back asleep and we didn't wake up till almost 8:00... it was wonderful!
The first thing I did this morning, well after feeding Icyle, was pay the water bill (which wasn't even actually over due, I just thought it was), then I made some breakfast from the last few pieces of toast we had left in the house (nothing like toast with some cinnamon and sugar on it for the 5th day in a row), got my workout clothes on and then headed off to the gym to meet up with my friend Michelle (Darley's mom for those of you who know about Wyatt's obsession with Darley).
My butt now hurts every time I move and my legs feel like they could buckle at any moment... but it was a good workout! After the gym, Wyatt insisted that Darley was going to the grocery store with us, even though she was going home. We made it out of the grocery store with enough food for the week and only spent $36!! I know, I am impressed too! Nothing like living on a super tight budget!
So, after the gym and grocery store, we came home, ate some left overs for lunch while we watched The Iron Giant, and then it was nap time. Yeah! We all took naps... I heart nap time!
After nap time we played and I took some pictures of my children... Jumping on the bed... and hiding under the covers
Riding on mommy's back... and choking mommy in the process...
Playing in the Exersaucer... and being absolutely adorable...
Wearing dinosaur pajama shorts over our clothes
because we love dinosaurs SO much...
And watching movies while we wait for daddy to come home from work...
(this picture was taken last night... are they not just precious? But they did watch a movie... just not in their pajamas...
they need to take a bath first)
So now here we are... waiting for the most exciting part of our day... daddy coming home from work! Wyatt is playing play-doh and bugging his sister... Icyle is laying next to me on the couch and getting poked in the face, tummy, head, nose, etc... I am writing this blog (obviously) and very soon it will be bath time and pajama time and then hopefully soon after that Chris will get home from work so the kids can enjoy him before bedtime! And I can enjoy him after that! (Not in a dirty way... seriously... get your head out of the gutter!)

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

haha - about the "enjoying my husband" part. I love Icyle's outfit :).