Friday, February 12, 2010

Another year older...

Yesterday was my 27th birthday. I feel older. I don't know why, but 27 just sounds old to me. I realize that, in the grand scheme of life, 27 is young, but I just know that 30 is just around the corner and we all know it's down hill from there.

So I have decided, in honor of my 27th year of life, I would make some small, but hopefully big changes (if you catch my drift).  Little things like doing some kind of workout every day. Not a big change, because I already work out at least 3 times a week, but hopefully I will reap big benefits from it. Or like attempting to read through the Bible with my children. I mean I already read the Bible everyday, so now I just need to be doing it out loud... with the kids. So, thats another not so big change. Or like doing a load of laundry everyday. I already do the laundry, but maybe if I do a load everyday I will not have days (like today) where I have about 10 loads to do. A change maybe, but it will be one for the good. Right? Right!

So, these are just a few small changes I thought of off the top of my head, but I am sure there are others. I mean, I'm not perfect, despite popular belief, so my life could benefit from a little change.

So, my present to myself is to bring about some positive changes to my life. Ones that will, hopefully, make it better. And maybe 27 wont be so bad. Not that I really thought it was going to be bad... but maybe by the time I turn 28 I will feel younger and be like a whole new person... who knows?  It could happen.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

28 is definitely better than 27 so just hang in there one more year ; )

Blomgrens said...

Happy Birthday! And, I love your ideas for change. They sound doable and definitely beneficial to all involved! Keep us updated!