Tuesday, May 19, 2009

From the mouths of babes...

So Wyatt has been learning bible verses for Sunday school... a new one every month. He is really good at memorizing and has blown Chris and I away with how much he can remember... but sometimes he uses the verses for his own benefit... for example:

a few months ago the verse he was learning was "No one can serve to Masters" and this is how I heard Wyatt use it...
Wyatt and Patrick (his little friend) were playing in the living room and Wyatt wanted the toys Patrick had so when he failed at taking the toys away he simply said "No one can serve to masters Patrick! Can I have your dinosaurs please?" and then he promptly took them from his hands...

another verse Wyatt was learning was "Do everything without complaining or arguing" and I would often hear him telling this to Patrick as he was ripping a toy out of his hands or when Patrick was whining about something Wyatt had done to him...

But a lot of the verses have been a blessing to hear... Wyatt often asks to say his bible verses in the car while we are driving or at night before he goes to bed... almost every night he says the verse "When I am afraid I will trust in you God" and it is a reminder to me that he too finds comfort in God's word... if he ever has a bad dream or can't fall asleep because he is scared, we say this verse and he seems to be fine almost right away!

I am so thankful that he is already learning about and memorizing God's word... it is a blessing to hear the words of the bible come out of the mouth of such a small babe... even if sometimes he does use it hypocritically and for his own benefit.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

LOL! I love it! That is seriously got to just melt your heart!