Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tis the season... sort of


I love Christmas... and every year I have to resist the urge to decorate before I really should. I totally know I am going to be that crazy old lady who puts Christmas lights out before Halloween and then leaves them up till after Easter. As soon as I see the first Christmas tree in a store or hear that first Christmas song, something in me just goes nuts and I want to decorate everything! I want my whole house to look, smell, and taste like Christmas.
This year has not been any different. I have been resisting the urge to decorate and I have not even let myself go into the Christmas aisles at the store because I know I am weak... but I did let Wyatt get a snowman window cling from the dollar section at target... I thought "Well, it's only a dollar and it's not really a Christmas decoration, it's more like a winter decoration."
I realize now that this was my way of cheating... I have a decoration up, as small as it may be, it is still a decoration. But every time I look at it it makes me smile and I know that soon my whole house will look like Christmas and that makes me happy! This whole season makes me happy... I love this season!

No comments: